Tuesday, March 20, 2007

16-week visit

Had our 16-week dr. visit today and blood tests. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat- 150's! Mommy's blood pressure was great: 100/60. Everything seems to be moving along just fine. Dr reassured me that there is only one baby in there, and no, it's not a giant.

So April 17th is the day we get to find out the sex! Sorry, Susie, it's not earlier, and yes, there's still a 50/50 chance it could NOT be a girl! :-) I, Andi, wanted a boy at first but now I'm thinking a girl might be good too because we picked out the greatest name. Brian just wants a baby. We'll be happy with whatever!

All I know is that I definitely don't want to be too gender specific on the room- no pink flowers for girls and blue trucks for boys. (I'm just not the ruffle type.) Anyway, I picked out some bedding: chocolate brown, tan, & aqua. It's really pretty and we can use it for whatever gender. I was thinking we could add teddy bears & puppies. Brian just wants a baby.

4 comments:

Mike said...

No, you MUST obey the stereotypes.

If you have a boy he will play with GI Joes and be a filthy little tornado of dirt and germs. He will capture frogs and bugs only to realease them in the house and seek out ways to torture other girls for carrying the cootie disease.

If you have a girl, she will be the prettiest pretty princess who does pink tea parties and lace ruffly things. She will want a pony and draw unicorns and butterflies in a rainbow world of happiness.

Your children WILL BE this way. The parents command it to be so!!

Unknown said...

You mean a girl can't play with her My Pretty Ponies in the mud? Uh oh, so that's what's wrong with me...

Mike said...

"My Pretty Ponies"? I never had those but had the My "Little" Ponies.

Wait, that's not right!! I mean I had like Voltron and He-man and Thundercats stuff.

I would never play with My Little Ponies or Rainbow Brite or Care Bears! Nope....

Unknown said...

The fact that you know more about My Little Ponies more than I do scares me.