Sunday, September 21, 2008

Vacation Update #1

I forgot to update this morning about day 1 so I'll combine the first two days...

Got into Orange County yesterday- not a bad flight. We're driving a Pontiac G6, but I secretly hoped they'd upgrade us to a Mustang like they did for Brian a couple of weeks ago. Oh well. Brian just HAD to see the ocean ASAP so we drove down to the coast and soaked it all in. Then drove down to Laguna Beach. Our hotel wasn't ready so we went grocery shopping in an attempt to save a little money and avoid having to eat out for every meal. There are NO grocery stores on the coast! The one that we did find was a hoity-toity gourmet store probably for all the people who can actually afford to live on the beach. We speculate that they eat out the rest of the time because there are a ton of restaurants!

We stayed in a Best Western the first night but it was really nice! Our room wasn't huge but we had a balcony with an ocean view, flat screen tv on the wall, and 2-person hot tub right in our room. I personally loved (and snatched) the Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion.

Our hotel...can you believe it's a Best Western?


View from our hotel room...sigh...

Next morning, Brian went for a run on the beach while I sat on the balcony with my feet up drinking coffee, reading, and listening to my ipod. Not once did I have to change a poopy diaper! Breakfast was outside on the 4th floor veranda and we didn't mind that it was just waffles in the toaster, bagels, juice, fruit, you know, continental breakfast. It was pretty good though.

Brian at Laguna Beach

We spent our morning lounging around the room and getting ready for a vist to Saddleback Church after checking out. The service was phenomenal- we went to the rockin' Overdrive Service and thought about all the people we knew who would love it! I didn't think I'd be all that interested in attending such a big church, but I could totally see us getting plugged into such a cool place.

The stage at church before the service started- once it did, there were lights, smoke, and some really awesome music!

After church we headed straight for the beach...uh oh, it's getting late so I'll update more tomorrow...I also have pics to add...stay tuned!

No comments: