Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vacation Update #3

Did I mention that we haven't had a vacation since our honeymoon 4 years ago? We are truly enjoying every since minute of this one!

Well...we spent over 5 hours on the beach yesterday...and I don't even consider us "beach" people. It's been cloudy every morning which makes it perfect weather for Brian to run in. He ran along the boardwalk at Newport Beach and I read and snoozed in the sand- yes, we brought towels this time.

We then walked up to Newport Pier and got some coffee and looked around in some of the shops- whew, it was quite a walk for preggo me but I was just happy to get my coffee! Brian rented a body board and we had a blast in the water. It only got up to 74 but somehow it didn't bother us much once we got used to the water. My preggo self even did a little body boarding!

Brian "catching a wave"

We ate lunch on the beach again and agreed that this was our idea of "roughing it". We've been also talking a lot about coming back down here and renting a house right on the beach for a whole week, maybe even with friends. I just can't believe how relaxed we are. I don't feel the pressure to always be productive with my time. And, you guessed it...we haven't changed a diaper in 3 days!

We left the beach, turned in Brian's board and headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. (I love this part.) We got all dressed up and enjoyed a spectacular dinner at Mastro's while overlooking the ocean and watching the sunset. We both agreed it was probably the best dinner we'd ever had: grilled swordfish, blackened mahi mahi, sauteed mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, a bottle of pinot noir, which we agreed was the most spectacular wine we have ever tasted. For dessert I enjoyed a cup of coffee and we ordered a flourless chocolate cake with fruit and the waiter threw in a giant piece of carrot cake since he knew it was our anniversary. Needless to say, we'd had a full day so we went back to the hotel to chill out after that. We both agreed it was a perfect day!

Our table was actually partially outside with some windows overlooking the ocean. We got there just in time to see the sunset.


Our dessert: flourless chocolate cake & carrot cake. If you can make it out, the chef spelled "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate sauce across the top of the plate.


Andi & Brian, September 22nd, 2008 celebrating our 4th anniversary

Well, someone's waiting for the computer here at the hotel so I better go...more later!

No comments: