Friday, April 13, 2007

Chiroprator Visit

On the advice of several pregnant women, I tried out a chiropractor today. Now, I'm skeptical about chiropractors and I figured this would be my only visit- afterall, it's kind of a luxury, right? Kinda like getting a massage? Boy was I wrong.

I really didn't have any complaints necessarily- some low back, some neck. After some posture checks and adjustments (which were a little traumatic) I realized how "crunchy" my neck had been and how that may have been contributing to recent headaches.

So here's another cool thing: doc said I had some immobility around the lower thoracic area. Just so happens that the nerves to the kidneys are around in this spot! She suggested that the immobility might have contributed to the kidney problems I've been having! Crazy huh?

So, I'm going to go back until I feel like it's not helping anymore- obviously I'm still a little skeptical. But I have to say, I'm definitely more impressed with the whole experience than I thought I would be...

2 comments:

Mike said...

How in the world of all people could you be skeptical of a chiropractor???

I mean they're like "alternative" and stuff! They're kind of the "organic" form of bone doctors, ya?

Unknown said...

I guess it's not that I'm skeptical, but I see it as a luxury and it's not something I would prefer to spend my money on. There's just so many alternative assistance you can get: chiro, massage, acupuncture, etc. We could spend all our time at appointments and not be able to work to pay for them!