Thursday, April 19, 2007

Our Registering Experience

Okay, so if anyone out there is looking for a job or purpose in life, I've got it! What about a Personal Shopper or Shopping Assistant for new moms when they're working on their baby registries?

So here's how the experience went: First I went to Baby Depot (in Burlington Coat Factory)- BIG MISTAKE!!! I would never ask any of my loved ones to ever set foot in this store- horrible service, empty boxes thrown everywhere, things all over the place. The bedding sets were dirty so the whites didn't look right with the white furniture. Then there were 30 strollers all lined up with no info and nobody around to help. Needless to say, I literally ran out of that store crying.

So Babies R Us & Target was much better, except that being a new mom I had no idea what I was supposed to register for. I got this checklist, which helped, but how do you choose from 35 types of pacifiers? Well, poor Jackie got a phone call and got to listen to my meltdown- yes, right there in the store. After that, I was feeling better and things got a little easier from there.

It would have really helped to have a person there, not to sell me on things, but to advise me on what's necessary, and what's not. Or to point out the function of things. So, good luck on your career choice- let me know how it goes and I may need you someday! :-)

No comments: