Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Kidney Stone Party

Well, I finally got tired of the continuing pain and called the doc who had me get a renal ultrasound done. Basically, there's a KIDNEY STONE PARTY going on that I wasn't invited to. A few were found in my left, but most in my right. The tech found some hydronephrosis, which is basically the uterus pushing against the ureters, which could or could not cause blockage- we'll have to see what the doc says about that. The good news is that there is not total obstruction b/c the kidney is still emptying into the bladder.

As bad as this sounds, I'm relieved they found stones, so now I know I'm not crazy and I can understand the situation more. The pain is still there and I'm taking meds to help that- now I just have to find out what the doc wants to do from here...ugh!

So...while she was down there, I asked the tech what the gender was of the baby. We had a great time watching it hiccup, yawn, make fists, point, play peek-a-boo, and basically perform a gymnastics routine. She looked as hard as she could and just couldn't be definitive- bummer. She said that she couldn't find the lines that a girl would have but she couldn't find the little penis either. So she said that if the penis isn't hiding she'd bet it's a girl- but not to quote her- too late! :-) I have a feeling it's a girl too, but we still have two weeks before we find out for sure...so don't go around telling everyone we're having a girl!!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

HOLY COW!! I MUST GO TELL EVERYONE YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!

Is that ok?

On a side note, I completely understand about the kidney stone party. I've had two parties in my life now. Both times, I had to get that lithotripsy operation performed to shatter the kidney boulders. And then it's peeing out a bajillion little sand particles! Fun times for sure!

Glad they know what's up, and we're praying for a quick recovery for ya!